Monday, August 23, 2010

Perpetually silent

Hey di,
your perpetual silence,
I can't tolerate
any more.

Can I forget ?
How much I enjoyed
teasing you,
pulling your hair,
and galloping away.
But you never
complained !

Have you forgot ?
Your experiments..
trying out on me,
kohl n mascara,
while I was asleep,
your ceaseless laugh !

Have you forgot ?
us playing in rain,
slithering in mud,
and getting scolded,
throwing blame
on each other.

Can we forget?
painting brown hillocks,
sun in their cleavage,
brook at their nadir,
and a coconut tree
on the strand
beside a shack.

You can't forget
the day you told me
about your crush,
and made me swear
to not tell 'nyone.
I broke his nose,
as he never dared !

I can't forget,
how beautiful you
looked as a bride,
but seeing you off
was heart wrenching,
n drizzles ensued.

Now I can only long
you were here
when I have,
so much to share,
so much to say,
so much to bear!

I wish you were
more than just
my reveries !
If only, you could
breathe your way
into my world !

4 comments:

  1. very very touchy yasu ....keep it up ..........tumhari sari kabitawo me this one is the best .....very good........keep writing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one ... Raksha Bandan wishes to you n to u r sister !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Avi you need to keep writing and let your thoughts flow.... Just this way... Heart rendering... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Didi: Thanks! I'm happy you liked it.

    @ Vignesh: Thankyou.

    @ Lady don: Zillion thanks, di!

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
Poetry and prose by Avishek Ranjan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License