Saturday, November 27, 2010

Ode to Marina

The endless raging sea,
reminds me, of infinity.
Standing on the shore,
the phase boundary,
I think of the map-work
blue pencil crayons,
and laugh at myself,
at how I could fill
in just a few seconds,
vastness of the ocean.
Next moment I'm scared,
at my innocent insolence,
and hope the sea
doesn't punish me.
Just like it did, 

ravaged their lives
without a felony.

Marina reminds me
of her beautiful hair,
freely flowing in air,
the humming breeze,
retains her scent,
unlike the sand, where
footprints can't stand.
We chased the waves,
only to be chased back,
and find the sand shifting
beneath our feet,
just like time.
We could stand
by holding hands,
and it lasts only
till waves recede.

4 comments:

Creative Commons License
Poetry and prose by Avishek Ranjan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License