Thursday, January 6, 2011

A virus call

Our paths often coincide,
though I pray otherwise,
we cross, passing askances,
unintentionally intentional,
pretending to be strangers;
I look at banyan's boughs,
try to spot sparrow nests,
you gaze at the ground,
count same-size pebbles.
Things would be different,
with an unsent message,
or an unspoken word.
What would they be,
I can't imagine,
I don't wish to.

If only I could truncate
the seconds that mattered
or the minutes I cling to,
like the censored tapes.
Or at least I could erase
those parts of memory,
like old logs of virus scans.
Let a virus infect our brains
and eat away that data,
so that whenever again,
our paths coincide, we
save us the pretense,
to say the least.

3 comments:

  1. nice... I like your poems : nicely expressed, well written, meaningful...
    I really appreciate your creativity..

    ReplyDelete
  2. frm d abyss of ur heart i presume..impressv

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes you got it right, thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
Poetry and prose by Avishek Ranjan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License