Sunday, May 30, 2010

Duels with God

God and I
have been the best of friends
and the worst of foes
We play games & have duels,
and he always wins !

In hide n seek, his favorite,
he could see me
no matter where I hid,
but I could never,
in any nook and corner.
I would then call, as
was sure he could hear,
and I felt he was near..
but he didn't answer!
Instead, he would come and
hit me from behind..
as a sign of victory, and
I would fall,
my nose bleeding !

When I desired a milieu
in which I could nurture..
he led me into one
that was good enough
only to rust !
When I'd forgiven him,
like a friend does,
years later he inveigled me
to the place I'd always
wanted to be !
Funny, is it?
To put a putrefying seed
into a fertile land,
and laugh at its incapacity?

When I craved for a company,
he allowed me none,
not even his.
I excused him, and
thought it to be
another lesson
in the 'ways of life'.
Slowly, I fell in love
with solitude, and got
intimate with inanimates !
but then he plotted to
put people around &
one fine day, stole
my best mate
among inanimates!

He has prevailed in
all duels we've had !
But there will be,
yes, a final one;
wherein I'll have all
my barriers overcome;
I'll transcend
the binding dimension;
he'll have no choice
but grant freedom;
and it'll be ME
who would've won.

(The premise for this poem is that all that happens is controlled by God!)

2 comments:

  1. In that "final duel" there might not be any difference between You and God, nor between winning and losing. Nice one.

    There was a punctuation mistake, apostrophe is missing in "didnt".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.

    Rightly said, perhaps the final duel will be a win-win situation for both, as they would've merged into one.I'll make necessary corrections.

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
Poetry and prose by Avishek Ranjan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License