Thursday, October 7, 2010

Fake expressions, Happiness disguised.

Synthetic paid smiles,
that make you pay-
The beautiful receptionist,
charming air-hostess,
waitress with hot soup!
Forgot ever-blithe ads?
The perfect couple,
Doting mothers-chubby children.
Pretenses of a perfect world,
Ruses for profit, with
Fake expressions,
Happiness disguised.

Familiar people,
daily 'Hi's' and 'Bye's';
Feigned contentment,
Strained cheeks,
Abnormal kinks
in mundane life,
amid raging storms,
turbulent mind.
Lessons of courtesy from
moral science classes ?
Yes, but, still
Fake expressions,
Happiness disguised.

6 comments:

  1. why don't you allow anonymous comments?

    very strong reflections. i like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.
    I'll allow it, 'anonymity' might give me a better critique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly !

    I know that's an insipid word to praise poetry. But still..

    And it also reminds me of my poem "Song of the past".

    Perectly put here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, I don't wish to be praised all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Avi:

    Probably,people are scared to critique you here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh I'm flattered, should I be ?

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
Poetry and prose by Avishek Ranjan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License