Friday, January 29, 2010

Gift from God

O God, is this a gift of some kind ?
or, a curse for some fault of mine
Please, please answer my inquisitive mind
why is it ? that I am blind

My worlds pitch black, unlike what 'they' tell
sans color, sans light, as dark as hell
O Rose, if only I could see,
the lovely reddish thee....
would know you, as a symbol of beauty

O Love, I hear your voice's melody
but I fail to imagine how pretty you might be
You're special to me, but I'm 'special' for you
dont you worry, I wont even try to woo !

I try hard, but cant bear
the pains of those who are dear
who take care & are always near
but they often remind...that I'm blind
by being overly kind

At times, I think, I'm blessed to be me
as out there, is much hatred & jealousy,
with violence & anger, that I dont get to see.
Such thoughts crop up in my mind
maybe thats why God made me blind !!


This is from a blind mans perspective, though its extremely difficult
to imagine what it would be like !

6 comments:

  1. How can someone write such a thoughtful poem. Main to kabhi bhi nahi likh sakta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. he he...Anyone who is 'exiled' can write...just like Nehru wrote the classic 'Discovery of India' (which is too good an example :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. welldone avishek!
    This is very thoughtful and nicely structured poem. Keep on writing.
    By the way, what exile you are talking about?
    bye nd tc

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey, good poem. I am not much of an expert on the literary aspects, but I liked the concept behind the poem a lot. keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Anil...the use of word of 'exile' is in a positive sense, when one gets to spend more time with oneself, thats when you start to know who you are.
    Thanks Mythili, I'm honored by your comment, and your humility.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice one! From a blind man's perspective. That's the beautiful thing. Having a perspective is different from the physical sense of sight. To have visions eyes might not be necessary. Manonetram in Sanskrit?

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
Poetry and prose by Avishek Ranjan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License