Sunday, February 21, 2010

Who ?

I am. But ‘who’ is what eludes me.
Hiding.... it appears
from nowhere I can see
and fetters me in a way,
I can’t breathe…

It strangles, nauseates me,
and watches me writh..
in pain, and then leaves me
when I’m on the verge
of dying, as I promise to...
continue my search,
till eternity !

As I walk around, I see people ramble
unaffected, unmoved, perfectly sound,
they laugh, they scream, they play….
They make me think as if I’m cursed
by a spell, to always be..
in search of me,
my identity.

It is scared of attacking me,
when I’m in a company…
But, it knows supposedly…
that sooner or later, it will be me
and only me...!
It grows in strength, till then,
waiting for a chance
to have me in its trance.

I know, it wont kill,
as, that will end both
...its pitiless delight
and my painful plight !

I pray, to YOU, the unknown,
unheard, unseen, THEE…
Either grant me liberty,
or answer my query….
or at least, give me immunity
and make me......
like others who’re so free !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Poetry and prose by Avishek Ranjan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License